Tuesday, October 19, 2010

SAMM--Pork Chop Casserole

I am a day late writing this post as SAMM (Share a Meal MONDAY)--is on a Monday--and here it is already Tuesday.  Oh well--better late then never right?

So my meal for this week is another one from my Mother in Law--a lot of my favorite recipes come from her.  Luv that lady!

Pork Chop Casserole
4 pork chops (browned)
3/4 c rice
1 med onion chopped
1 10 oz can consomme
Pinch of thyme and marjoram
salt and pepper to taste

Brown the pork chops.  Pour the uncooked rice, onions and consomme with seasonings mixed in-- in a casserole dish.  Lay the chops on top.  Bake uncovered at 350 for 1 hour or until the rice is cooked.

This is what it will look like when it is all done and yummy--I stirred up the rice here to see if it was done--so it looks a little disheveled.
This is SUPER YUMMY--and really easy.  The hardest part is waiting for it to cook while your house is smelling heavenly!!

So I am linking it up HERE--and you should too--its not too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails