Friday, September 17, 2010

Little Lady Leg Warmers

As I have mentioned before--I have a little lady that LOVES to wear dresses and skirts ALL THE TIME!!! 

So as we are heading into the fall and winter months--we usually start shopping for tights for her to wear.  But then I remembered seeing these leg warmers made from ladies knee socks--and decided to make some for my little gal so her little legs will stay warm and cozy this winter.


So I started with a pair of long socks.  I found these ones discounted at Fred Meyer--they were around $2  and I thought the little ruffle would be fun on the bottom of the leg warmers.


Next I made three cuts.  I cut the sock right before and after the heel and then cut off the toe.


Next I used the middle part left over from the foot of the sock and folded it WRONG SIDES together to make a cuff.  Then I tucked in the cut edge of the long part of the sock inside the cuff matching all three of the cut edges.  So it looked like this:


Then I sewed around the edge. 


 I used a zig zag stitch on this pair--but on others I used a regular stitch and both work great.


 I did the same thing to the other sock and in about 10 minutes from start to finish--My little lady had a new pair of leg warmers!


 She thought they were pretty awesome too!


They were so quick and easy--that I had to make a few more pairs.




I wonder if I'm too old for a pair?

Linking to THESE parties.


9 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic idea! Where did you get your socks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this, like LOVE it! What a fantastic idea and SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love this project. I too have a little lady that completely refuses to wear pants EVER! This will be added to my "to do" list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them...big girl baby legs! My daughter loves to wear her leggings all year round...she gets cold just like her mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, they're so cute! Too bad I don't have a girl . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, you're not too old! I would wear them :) So cute~thanks for joining the party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These leg warmers are incredibly smart and cute. But, I tell you what, that little girl is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun and smart project! Thank you for this great step by step tutorial. I wanted to let you know that I Have added this project to my What Can You Make with a Pair of Socks Round Up. If you would rather I delete your project from this round up please let me know.

    Thanks and have a fabulous Day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!

Related Posts with Thumbnails